TCR Network
TCR 2.1, What to expect and moving forward. - Printable Version

+- TCR Network (https://forums.tcreborn.co)
+-- Forum: TCR (https://forums.tcreborn.co/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Announcements (https://forums.tcreborn.co/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: TCR 2.1, What to expect and moving forward. (/thread-21.html)

TCR 2.1, What to expect and moving forward. - Tencao - 14-01-2017

So, I've gone into detail about the current server issues, and current world issues already (both topics will be linked at the bottom), and in the end, a large majority of players have voted for a fresh start with all the issues fixed, and I want to take this time to discuss my plans for TCR from this point forward. 

For those who're reading this with no prior knowledge to any of the previous issues, I'm going to give a brief summary of the current problems. There was a lot of unintended exploits on the world that was not foreseen during beta testing but was during release, this ranges from everything from cocoa bean EMC value, to the nether ores, to the insane EMC generation rate of power flowers. All of this has lead me to take the server down and address these issues, but I also feel like taking the time to bring the quality of the modpack up to my standard, as I've been making people wait for months for TCR 2.0 and for this to be the result, I'm extremely disappointed with myself and want to correct it. 

So, first things first, exploits are been fixed, and FPS issues are being dealt with, as well as any other bugs, big or small. This is our current biggest priority. Aside from this, several mods will be removed completely, these mods are as follows:
  • End Ores
  • Iron Chest (It is completely made obsolete thanks to similar but better storage mods installed)
  • NetherCore
  • Quantum Storage (We already have several blocks that achieve this, we don't need another)
There may be more added to the list as time goes on, but for now these are the ones that will absolutely be removed. In addition to the mods being removed though, I will also be taking the time to look into mods suggested to me. These are not guaranteed to be included, but are ones that I have some interest in adding in. There may be others not listed, but these are the ones off the top of my head.

In regards to Mekanism, we've had a lot of bugs surrounding it, however I want to attempt to resolve those bugs first before outright dismissing the mod, but if it's not possible, then a substitute may be needed. Thermal Expansion is now getting ported, but could take months to be released, and IC2 is an option but more of a last resort as it breaks the current universal power system (RF). We will attempt to make the update compatible with previous worlds for those on single player as I believe it's unfair to punish those on single player based on the issues of multiplayer, however if something breaks in order to fix something, then I will rather fix the issue than ignore it for single player.

In regards to the server, 3/4 of the player base voted for a new world in order to reset the progression and for everyone to have a complete fresh start with no exploits. For this to be achieved, we need to have another beta test period to make sure all of the exploits are tracked down and fixed before launching again. Additionally, as I've discussed with Bluexin and other players, I will be hosting a list for active players who put a lot of work and effort into their base to get it copied to the new world, with all chests and machines removed. If the house has not had a decent amount of effort put in, can be rebuilt in 2-3 hours, and is mostly made up of expensive or end game items, it will be ignored. Additionally, in order to paste it in the new world, there will be a fee of around the average EMC cost for materials plus an additional fee to make sure the cost is a little over the total it would have cost EMC wise, this fee will be paid for in EMC value so you wont get your house back straight away, but it will be kept waiting. 
[Image: cad5df187dd244efa8d1d634fb8df514.png]

In regards to other projects I'm working on, I feel that due to the server being down, and this next update hopefully going to fully address all the major exploits and bugs, I'm going to try and release TCR Sky alongside with it. Additionally, I know a lot of you have been nagging and nagging for ECR to return, and if enough interest is shown, I may consider working on it again, however I believe in rebuilding it from the ground up rather than simply releasing what was already there. 

Any other questions, ideas, please post them in the Development, Suggestions & Feedback Forum

Additionally, if you wish to read up on the current issue tracker regarding the most recent exploits, please read https://forums.tcreborn.co/showthread.php?tid=18
Also, if you're interested in the previous post regarding the server issues and moving forward, I suggest reading https://forums.tcreborn.co/showthread.php?tid=20